If you follow along with Monika Hibbs, you know she’s not only incredibly good at throwing pretty parties—but she’s also got serious skills when it comes to making a house a (very beautiful) home. We’re excited to follow along with Monika as she crafts a brand new home, but today we’re peeking inside the guest bedroom of her previous abode. Why the guest bedroom? Well, as we head into the crisp days of fall, giving our homes a refresh is a great way to welcome the new season. But the first room I like to focus on is the guest bedroom, that way I’m ready for holiday season, which always approaches too quickly. This season, I’m taking some tips from Monika on how to fancy up my own. And, these tips are great for your master bedroom, too of course!
5 Tips for Refreshing Your Guest Bedroom
- Consider how long you’ve had your duvet cover. Is it time to exchange it for a new one?
- New sheets feel absolutely amazing and make all the difference for a good night’s sleep.
- Clean out your side tables. If they’re anything like mine, countless ponytail holders and endless receipts have built up. Declutter to feel better about your space.
- Is your mattress right for you (or your guests)? A pillow top might be a good investment to give make your bed feel more luxurious.
- Open your windows to get the fresh air in. It makes all the difference!
Photography: Monika Hibbs