If today’s holiday entertaining feature with Abby Capalbo and Erin McGinn put you in a festive state of mind, you’ll be in an even merrier mood after this delish cocktail and stylish bar inspo (with beautiful goods from Nantucket Looms!) is sitting pretty on your Pinterest board. Meet, the mulled wine sipper—your favorite red vino, all decked out and ready to wow guests, or, the perfect solo signature cocktail for a December night in next to the fire. Grab the recipe from Abby below!
Mulled Wine Sipper
A favorite on these cold New England days. (Inspired by The Kitchn)
- 2 (750-milliliter) bottles red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 whole star anise pods
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- Peel of 1/2 orange, white pith removed
- Optional garnishes: cinnamon sticks, star anise pods, orange peel or slices, cranberries (we had pretty pears on hand, so we went with those!)
- Combine Ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Heat on low for 1 hour.
- Lower to warm. Serve and garnish in a festive glass or mug!